CARIS will be hosting a free half-day workshop covering the latest hydrographic data processing and management software at the RESON User Conference in Miami, Florida on Thursday, November 8, 2012.
The workshop will take attendees through the full post-processing workflow using CARIS HIPS and SIPS and data management techniques using CARIS BASE Editor.
Topics will include:
- setting up a vessel file for a RESON multibeam system
- post-processing RESON multibeam bathymetric data
- calibration using new streamlined CARIS tools
- CUBE surface preparation using real-time uncertainty and other auxiliary data
- efficient cleaning techniques using the area-based editor tool and 3-D visualization
- creation of a gridded surface using the CUBE algorithm
- new water column processing technology
- surface combinations
- vertical and horizontal transformations
- contour creation
- sounding selection
- volume calculations
- conformance analysis
- preparation of a document for plotting
For more information and to register, visit the Hydrographic data processing and management workshop web page.