Teledyne CARIS is the world’s leading developer of geospatial software for ocean mapping and marine information systems with its headquarters in Fredericton, Canada. We offer an integrated suite of software that specializes in processing sonar data, managing and analyzing large data sets, producing charts and maps, and serving data over the internet. Our software is used by government agencies, military organizations, commercial survey companies, and the research and academic community.
Our Head office, located in Fredericton, New Brunswick - Canada, is servicing clients in North & South America and Asia. The successful candidate will be playing a key role in a dynamic international team, and be might be required to travel to these regions as well as those serviced by our EMEA office (Europe, Middle East and Africa), to assist our many international clients.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to effectively learn new tools and a desire to continuously update and improve their knowledge of current tools. Knowledge or experience in all areas listed is an asset but you do not need to prove experience in all areas to be a successful candidate. A technical skills assessment may be administered to screened candidates to help determine current skill levels and their ability to self-teach new concepts.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will
- Work within the Customer Service department as a Database Administrator/Consultant, providing database technical expertise to clients and the technical support team ensuring system optimization and product performance;
- Help internal and external customers to increase the understanding of Oracle, PostgreSQL and other third party database technologies used within CARIS enterprise applications;
- Provide support, consultancy and training to our clients; at the home office or at customer sites around the world;
- Build close working relationships with existing clients;
- Analyze current client systems and issues, identify technical problems, formulate and demonstrate integrated solutions (e.g. Performance Tuning);
- Create/maintain Python, and other API scripts, PL/SQL or similar that help our customers to extend/integrate the use of CARIS Applications to their own.
- Have a Computer Science Degree or relevant/equivalent experience.
- Have 3-5 years of experience as Database Administrator/Consultant and/or other related discipline;
- Have excellent knowledge of database technologies, Oracle or PostgreSQL DBA standard concepts, practices and procedures are an asset;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Have dynamic customer service skills, be solutions focused;
- Have outstanding ability to prioritize and manage time to maximize productivity and effectiveness;
- Have a collaborative approach and the ability to work effectively with team members;
- Have the desire to continuing learning
- Knowledge of and working experience with hydrographic processing software, especially using the CARIS line of products or relevant industry experience
- Experience in Oracle and/or PostgreSQL database performance tuning, backup and recovery, and database security
- Experience developing database applications using SQL, Python, etc.
- Experience in data modeling, database development, and enterprise database architecture
- Experience with spatial data
- Experience with database and application deployment on the cloud/web.
Interested applicants can forward their resume to email@example.com and include CARSA0518 Database Administrator/Consultant in the subject.